DYE I4 Mask New for 2009

Discussion in 'Masks' started by Richie, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Mingin

Mingin New Member

Meh, tis the truth. Proto axis are the only gogles that are long enough (just) and I've tried profilers, E-ventz, etc., etc.
  2. weemouse

weemouse New Member

Still feel that way, Chris? :lol:
  3. rubber ducky

rubber ducky New Member

hell no that's from when i was young and stupid lol
  4. Jaf

Jaf New Member

I'm sitting here typing wearing a pair of I4s, they are without doubt the most comfortable mask i have ever worn. I don't really have an issue with them re getting shot in the mouth, although the side/lower part of the jawline is exposed.
    Great quick lens change system.
    As Tommy said they won't be for everyone, anyone with a small or medium head won't have an issue, but Mr Ed heads, try before you buy :lol:
  5. Cerberus

Cerberus Gaming God

Just had this scary image of you walking around the house all day with this mask on :|
  6. rubber ducky

rubber ducky New Member

i just hope mine fits
  7. Cerberus

Cerberus Gaming God

You have a big head you will be fine ;)
  8. rubber ducky

rubber ducky New Member

look what i just got everybody

[​IMG]
  9. Cerberus

Cerberus Gaming God

Sigh white, Pimp gangster boy here :D

On a serious note, Does the mask cover your face well?
  10. rubber ducky

rubber ducky New Member

[​IMG]

you be the judge
  11. Cerberus

Cerberus Gaming God

Not sure what that would be like on me, A profile shot would be good as well please Chris
  12. Robbie_O

Robbie_O Active Member

chris how best would describe the size of your head ? :D
  13. DaveJ

DaveJ Karny 4 Life

Nice looking gogs, not mad about the colour of the lens, but I hear that the tint of it gives you high visibility in all weather conditions. Is that true or is it just one of those interweb rumors?

They'd be too small for my head anyway.
  14. Nick

Nick New Member

I like the white but i hate the yellow lens, it just doesn't suit at all.
  15. rubber ducky

rubber ducky New Member

to be honest i dont like the colour of the lence with the mask

and dave to answer your question, i just got my mask today and used it marshaling. i was very cloudy with the odd rain shower. i have not worn the orange tent before in my life in any mask and i near crapped when i seen how dark it was when my mask was off after having it on for about 10 mins.

the len offers a hell of alot of brightness in dark and i am not sure how it copes with the sun out yet.

front view compared to events

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry i had to slouch but i had to take my own pic

another thing this mask has no weight in it. i cannot tell the differance(in weight) with it i4 off my face. not kidding
  16. THE CHAIRMAN

THE CHAIRMAN New Member

Amber/yellow lenses offer better contrast and better low light visibility due to filtering out blue wavelengths which contributes to a perceived lack of lighting.

Olympic target shooters and hunters often use yellow or amber lenses even in full daylight for the contrast.

However, in paintball, I found (in my very limited use of a mask, I can't even remember what it was anymore) that in lower light conditions, it can blank out orange paintballs a bit. That was just my experience though.
  17. rubber ducky

rubber ducky New Member

pics are up off front view

i will do a full vid review of this mask after sod 13 just so i will get to use it more
    although tech pb may bet me to the review
  18. Cerberus

Cerberus Gaming God

I think that mask would fit me alright cause the vents do, It dont look half bad, and I love amber lenses my I3's have one

Thanks for that Chris
  19. rubber ducky

rubber ducky New Member

next time i see you chris, you could try it on
  20. Cerberus

Cerberus Gaming God

Wont be for a long while mate I might pick up one before then we shall see, time is all I have, that and a load of coursework Im not doing, God I feel like Richie