IPL 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Irish Paintball League' started by Charlie, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Charlie

Charlie Active Member

Hey guys,

Just want to get a feel for what teams will be playing the IPL for 2011. Some decisions need to be made based on the amount of teams out that can commit to play.

Financially it was another difficult year for the IPL and we need to assess what we can offer the players.

The general idea is that if enough teams are interested we can run a full season. These events would fall 1 or 2 weeks prior to each Millennium.

Otherwise if teams cannot commit to a full season we can arrange that a smaller amount of events are held.

Would love to get everyones feedback on what teams are up for this year and what they can commit to.

Charlie
  2. DR.X

DR.X New Member

well as usual ya got us chuck :)
  3. Charlie

Charlie Active Member

dont make me blush :oops:
  4. ion c

ion c New Member

I'm doing my part!
  5. Evilbug

Evilbug New Member

Hi

sorry if they are silly questions but if you don't know then ask

what is the general format and amount of games?

Is it still to be at Barrage?

Is it still buy site supplied paint?
    - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - -
    Hi

sorry if they are silly questions but if you don't know then ask

what is the general format and amount of games?

Is it still to be at Barrage?

Is it still buy site supplied paint?
  6. Charlie

Charlie Active Member

No exact format has been decided on. We want to get as much feedback from the players here so that decisions can be made.

Last year the format was Race to 4 with SPL rules except 3 minute turnaround as opposed to 2 mins

Usually you got a minimum of 2 XBall games with a maximum of 4. However some events saw a max of 3 games. All depends on how many teams are registered.

Last year it was site paint only at €40/box. We tried to get tournament grade in for each event however we were let down by the site a couple of times unfortunately. I dont know what kinda of deal we will be swinging this year.

All events were held in Barrage last year. As Barrage is the only site with a full MS field we will be holding the event(s) unless other opportunities arise.

Hope that answers any of your questions. As always we want to facilitate the players as much as possible and the best way to do that is to listen...

Any feedback at all regarding the IPL would be appreciated.
  7. Evilbug

Evilbug New Member

Thank you

We keep saying we are coming over and I believe the amount of game time and paint cost maybe the stumbling boxes, so will watch with interest
  8. battlebridge

battlebridge New Member

maybe its time to approach annother site about offering the layout...????
  9. enemy

enemy Active Member

is there any other field in the country thats willing to fork out the cost of a millenium bunker kit with absolutely no profit being made on it? we should all be thanking our lucky stars that barrage and anarky even bought supair kits.
  10. Dusty

Dusty Ask someone else....

We'd buy one in a flash if people would use it, problem is even if we did put up a brand new field no one would use it anywhere close to often enough to make it worthwhile.
  11. battlebridge

battlebridge New Member

not sure...is there???/
  12. enemy

enemy Active Member

would you fork out almost 10 grand for something thats gonna make you absolutely no profit?
  13. The Outlaw

The Outlaw New Member

To be honest I am shocked that the Old Wolf did in the first place, as Enemy says be thankful that John has that much love for the game that he made the effort....

Good luck to the IPL committee, hope you guys can pull everything together...... ;)
  14. battlebridge

battlebridge New Member

no
  15. enemy

enemy Active Member

exactly, its not worth it for the majority of paintball field owners.
  16. Charlie

Charlie Active Member

okay guys we've kind of gone off topic. So far I havent really heard much back from teams. So far its looking like Reapers and Karnage are still up for it. Anyone else out there? Wildfire? Escarmouche? Anarky? DIT? Fear? Marvel? Irish Rage?
  17. Ruddman

Ruddman Active Member

though theres a near mint condition one going for 3-4 grand from the lads that ran spawell. full psp field
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  18. Charlie

Charlie Active Member

€750???
  19. battlebridge

battlebridge New Member

Rud which is it 3 or 4???
  20. Richie

Richie Administrator Staff Member

Keep it on topic lads.

Teams interested in the IPL this year....