mods help - creating polls

Discussion in 'Webmaster' started by Ravin_sk, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Ravin_sk

Ravin_sk Active Member

[h=2]I can't see this checkbox at the bottom of the page in any of my new threads........... mods help

Creating and Participating in Polls[/h] You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls'.
    How do I create a new poll?
    When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.
    This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.
    An example poll might be:
    What is your favorite color?

• Red
    • Blue
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Sky-blue
    • Pink with yellow spots

To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

I can't see this checkbox at the bottom of the page in any of my new threads........... mods help
  2. Rob

Rob Unmodified

Click "Post New Thread" - Not "Reply to Thread"
    Scroll down the page past the "Post icons" and "Tags" section
    Look for "Additional Options" and it is on the bottom of that section under "Post a Poll"

Hope this helps.
  3. Ravin_sk

Ravin_sk Active Member

Thanks Rob these are my Additional Options Picture 1.jpg Picture 2.jpg Picture 3.jpg
  4. lord

lord Member

5. paulie

paulie Active Member

I miss you rob
  6. Ravin_sk

Ravin_sk Active Member

7. Just like to second the issue, it's not there on Chrome either.
  8. Rob

Rob Unmodified

Figured it out - nothing to do with your browser.

Posting a poll is part of the annual members features:
    http://www.paintballer.ie/showthread.php/3681-Annual-Supporting-Membership?highlight=polls

[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Not sure what Richie's long term plans for this was as I don't think the fees thing kept going. Maybe one of the mods/Redzer can answer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]I would have thought that a forum master could do it anyway - just depends on what way forum roles were assigned.[/FONT]
  9. Ravin_sk

Ravin_sk Active Member

haven't seen Redzer on in over 3 weeks
  10. Richie

Richie Administrator Staff Member

Regular members should now be able to create polls.
  11. Thank you Richie.
  12. Ravin_sk

Ravin_sk Active Member