New Moderators Wanted

Discussion in 'Webmaster' started by Redzer, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Redzer

Redzer Administrator Staff Member

Howya all,

At the moment, the current staff of Paintballer.ie are mostly busy with jobs/college so don't have as much free time to spend on the site. This sometimes leads to the site being plagued by spam bots or threads being left a bit messy.

We are looking for anybody who would like to help maintain the site as a Moderator.
    The duties of a Mod is simply to keep the site clean of spam bots and to contribute to the site content.

If anyone is interested in helping out, just post up here.
  2. Kasekas

Kasekas Member

Are very quite here, i can help you, if you needed
  3. Ardenno

Ardenno Member

I can help too Im here few times a day.
  4. incog

incog Super Moderator

What would be a great help is if someone could check early in the morning and late at night. I've just cleared and banned 9 spammers this morning. Many of the posts are getting tagged for moderation anyway. The trickier ones are innocent looking one liner replies.

I've also cleared a backlog of moderated posts and banned a large number of repeat offenders.

As Redzer said the community is quiet at the moment - but if Spammers overrun the site it will put users off.
  5. Bez

Bez Member

I can lend my time to the cause
  6. Ravin_sk

Ravin_sk Active Member

so who got the job or jobs ???
  7. incog

incog Super Moderator

No idea - Richie wasn't on recently. The spam problem seems to be under control since the last hack. Whatever Richie's upgrade did seems to have blocked almost all of it.