PaintBaller.ie Forum Usage Tips

Discussion in 'Webmaster' started by Richie, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Richie

Richie Administrator Staff Member

Here is an idea that I seen on some other forums. Instead of me pointing out how to work your way around the site here, I will let you guys post up any tips n' tricks to easier navigation and usage.

For example, I will start off by saying that you can quickly reply to any topic by using the quick reply box at the bottom of every topic or by pressing [​IMG] ''Quick Reply''

To hide a box on the right side or on the front page, press the [​IMG] button
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
  2. eoin99

eoin99 Active Member

Someone asked me this the other day so thought I'd put it up.

You can find a users profile or PM them by clicking on their user name and select the correct option from the drop down menu.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  3. Richie

When posting a message, want to make the text area bigger?

[​IMG]
  4. Richie

The PaintBaller.ie User reputation system is now active. What this means is that you can rate users based on their posts. It will hopefully make people think twice before they post things.

If some one post something that you feel was helpful, informative or generally productive to the community, then you can reward that poster with 'rep'. This can be anything from a quick helpful answer, a video, a tip, news etc.

Likewise if a poster is being unhelpful, disruptive or generally unproductive, then you can leave negative rep. Slagging, snide remarks, baiting etc are all included here. Also, these kind of comments can also result in infractions according to the rules.

Obviously, people will want to abuse this system by giving rep to their friends. This will not be tolerated and it will result in a person loosing all their rep if they are spotted doing it. It is very easy to check who is doing what.

Notes:

• You can only give a certain amount of rep per day
    • you can only rep the same person every once in a while
    • you can have negative rep
    • People can see what rep they got and why by you
    • The more rep you have the more you can give
    • Your rep can affect forum privileges in the future.

The amount of rep you have:

[​IMG]

How to give or take rep:

[​IMG]

What the levels mean:

[​IMG]
  5. Richie

Get rid of all those Unread Posts

If you haven't visited in a while or are the type not to read a lot of posts, then you can build up quite a large number of Unread posts.

To clear these:

1. Click on 'Quick Links' in the top menu bar
    2. Click on 'Mark all forums read'
    3. Done :)
    [​IMG]