Signature and Avatar Rules

Discussion in 'Webmaster' started by Richie, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Richie

Richie Administrator Staff Member

Righteo, new site and some new rules.

Signatures
    Pictures: One pic is allowed in your sig, the size must not exceed 500 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.

Signature Text: This can be made up of 2 lines of text and a picture or four lines of text only. Test must not contain and large fonts.

Have common sense with the sigs, they show up on every post so remember than, people not need You do not need to list EVERY part of gear that you own, it gets boring and is a bit sad. If you want to list off all your gear, then use your profile pages for that. Feel free to name sponsors, but try to keep it neat and tidy

Limited to 80x80 for regular members and 120x120 for supporting members.
    Regular members can not have an animated avatar, supporting members can.
    Can be uploaded from your computer
    Can be linked from another site
    Can not be anything rude

Adding a picture of your face is preferable, not necessary.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  2. Mingin

Mingin New Member

I wonder who this is aimed at....

Ah shit I'm two lines over the limit. Oh well

*edit*
    Just to be pedantic, what happens if your signature is

A-5, HPA, Red Dot Sight, Apex Barrel, Sniper Barrel, Remote Coil, Mag Kit, QEV, Sling, Vest, Polished Internals, Gloves, Ham, Cheese
  3. baptiste

baptiste New Member

Re: Signature Guidelines

Excellent ! Charlie is going to have to remove his animated gif !
  4. Richie

that is fine ming. But you will still look like a tool for naming every single part, nut and bolt of your marker ;)

The main reason was for people with 10 fecking lines of every part, where you post might be ony one line.
  5. Mingin

Mingin New Member

None taken...yet.

To be honest, I agree with Richie. It smacks of trying to show you have a bigger cock in a round about sort of way.

With regards other forums doing it, I know it is the norm on pbreview but that is because that is a review site and it is helpful to see what other people are using when you read their review, i.e. if someone says some CP gear is brilliant but everything else on their marker is CP then you would be right to suspect a little bit of bias in their review. On the other hand if they say a NDZ bit of kit is great then it might very well be.

In the interests of thoroughnessI checked out random threads on pbnation, warpig and paintballer.com and the vast majority of people do not have their marker stats. Of those that did, for some reason 90% were SP Ion owners and the thing was 6-10 lines long listing every nut and bolt. it's almost like we're trying to compensate for something...

So to sum up, I think if you are doind a review of a piece of equipment then by all means put in what you got, otherwise...STOP TAKING UP SO MUCH FRIGGING SPACE! Like I am doing now so I shall stop and try and do some study.

//it just occurs to me that c-o-c-k will come out as male chicken but anyway.
  6. Stag

Stag New Member

Re: Signature Guidelines

Ah well, I suppose I'll have compress every screw and thread on my bow down to 4 lines now.
  7. eoin99

eoin99 Active Member

PaintBaller.ie Forum Rules

Just incase you wanted to know, the rules can be found at
    http://www.paintballer.ie/webmaster/4128-paintballer-ie-terms-service-forul-rules-guidelines.html/

The basic ettiquette is shown below, please do try to keep to these as I can see Richie getting more and more agitated by blatant not paying attention to the rules. I'll be deleting posts on threads that i mod if they blatantly break the rules.
    (NB: double posting is allowed in specific circumstances, such as in the trader feedback forum if you have made two seperate transaction with someone)

General Rules & forum etiquette

1. Don't post questions till you've searched for the answer elsewhere in the forum
    2. Keep your posts to the topic, start a new thread if you need to discuss something else other than the orginal point if possible
    3. Try not to double post, You Can Edit Your Posts
    4. No swearing, this is a public forum open to all ages
    5. And of course the obvious: No racial/ethnic/religious/sexist ect. insults, ( It's a friendly place)
    6. No bland advertising of a product or site wth out permission- Im not greedy or a charity
    7. Do not post in all capital letters. Posting in all caps is considered yelling, and is not only annoying, but impolite.
    8. Do not start threads directed solely towards another user. Use the private message function to contact individuals.
    9. Start a new topic in the correct forum, if you are not sure - the ask somebody or check out the website related forum

Also Richie, it might be an idea to put a link to the rules at the top bar to make them easily accessible.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  8. Richie

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  9. Milkshake

Milkshake New Member

I just got a new sig from a teammate and cannot put it up as a sig, I am such a retard! I put it in my pics, will figure this crap out one day.
  10. Richie

Remember the Avatar limit of 120 x 120 folks...
  11. Richie

bump-debump
  12. Rob

Rob Unmodified

Hey Richie - can you snag a copy of my old avatar and send it to me. Don't have it on my laptop and am too lazy to recreate it.
  13. Richie

The Avatar file size has been increased if any of you were having trouble uploading your own.
  14. Colm

Colm Ignore the titles

Yeah that was a bit of a pain when I was uploading mine.