Wanted: Paintballer.ie Community Manager

Discussion in 'Webmaster' started by Richie, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richie

Richie Administrator Staff Member

Well guys. with my work load more and more intensive, I have been pretty non-existent on the paintball scene for a while. I really need to bring in some body else on board here to help with the admin side of the site. This will be a paid position!

The pay amount will be a direct reflection on how well the site does here. The pay will be in the form of 100% of the revenue from google ads. This will vary depending on how well the site does in terms of traffic. Traffic depends on how well the community is managed and how good the content is etc etc. Pay can range any where from €0.20 a day to €10 per day, depending on how much traffic is drawn to the site via more new, fresh content.

The job will entail of basically having access to the admin side of the website and looking after any day to day issues and generally trying to build the traffic back up for YOURSELF to get back to earning more money. There will be a min level of performance expected from the new manager i.e. 7 new news posts a week or something like that. But if you want to be making the big bucks... you will be wanting 2/3 a day along with building up the back links from other websites and facebook. There will also be a contract of some description involved.

This is a fantastic opportunity for some one who has a bit of time on their hands, has an interest in paintball and who wants to see the community get back to pre-recession levels.

So... who is interested? All questions can be directed to me via PM only!
  2. Richie

Thanks to all who applied for the role, the position has now been filled. More Information later.
  3. Redzer

Redzer Administrator Staff Member

Howya lads.

I'll be helping Richie with the admin part of the site and trying to get bits and pieces fixed up. I hope to be able to bring back a bit of spirit to the site and therefore hopefully boosting attendance numbers at events.

It's still early in the year and there's plenty of time to grow the site and get people back and interested before the new season kicks off.

This year we have two very promising leagues, the IWL and the Irish 3 Man Series. Other events like the IV's, SOD's and Walk-ons will also be boosting participation numbers which in turn will feed into the leagues.

I'll be here to assist with anything paintball wise if anyone needs a hand. I'm also here to answer any of your questions or if you need help regarding something on the forum or paintball in general.

I hope that from now on the site will start to grow and paintball in Ireland will pick up to pre-recessionary times.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions please feel free to PM me.

Cheers lads,
    Michael Redmond (Redzer)
  4. Loki

Loki New Member

Good on yer mate, good luck
  5. MayneStream

MayneStream Member

Good man yourself. I'd love to get involved but like Richie im just too busy! All the best!
  6. hammer

hammer Super Moderator

glad to have you on board redzer
  7. Oldwolf

Oldwolf New Member

Best of luck mate
  8. battlebridge

battlebridge New Member

work your magic.....
  9. Paper

Paper Member

Please, can someone tell me how to delete my account?

Thanks for the private message Redzer, I want out because the idea of you running this site scares the living crap out of me, Players like you are one of the reasons I have quit the paintball scene in this country, you need to learn from those who are willing to teach but some of you will never amount to any kind of player because you already think you know it all.

And for someone to think you are mature enough to look after a site like this scares me even more, so please do delte my account.

I fully expect you to do this long before anyone else see it but it needed saying, will you leave it up?
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  10. Redzer

No everyone has their opinion.

I trained with Aggression for the most part of a year. I'm pretty sure I attended more trainings than any other player and I wasn't even on the team. I tried to learn all I could and listened to players like you and Chris etc.

Richie is still the owner of this site. I'm only helping him out by trying to get the site up and running again. Richie must of picked me for a reason. If there is someone out there who is more mature, more experienced and more qualified than me, who can look after this site better than I can, then I hope they contact Richie and they can have my job.

Until that day I will continue to help this site as much as I can.

I will leave your post here until early tomorrow morning and then you're account will be deleted as requested.
  11. paulie

paulie Active Member

I think the matter is here that of all the people who bothered to make the effort to apply, redzer was the most qualified..

Ive dealt with redzer a few times and never an issue with anything...

As far as i see he is willing to make the effort to bring more life into our small community, that cant be said about most experienced/mature players on the site. ( thats not a dig at all about you by the way nick)
  12. Richie

Every one has their own opinions, that is fine. If you want your account deactivated, that is fine. You can just choose not to log in any more. I don't see how one person stepping up to make the community more active, more informative and a generally better place could want to make someone want to leave all together.

I would just like to say that this site was started in 2005 by somebody who thought they knew it all. Turned out they knew feck all about paintball back then, they thought there were cool just because they organised a few college trips.... They never even heard of speedball or electronic marker when it all started. It wasnt until Jim, Jim, Mark and the Escarmouche lads got on board and educated him about the other side of paintball... that there were actually Tournaments etc.

That person was me.

End of the day its a community, it grows and develops with as people contribute and add to it. The admin of a online forum community is like a chairperson.... they don't necessarily have to know every thing there is about the topic at hand to run it, you just need to know how to run it, to work on getting people talking etc. Simple things like posting up content for you to Read. Its not like there is going to be massive changes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
  13. battlebridge

battlebridge New Member

aw Richie you sure know a thing or two about a thing or two and your sense of humour has been activated, keep up the good work....
  14. Oldwolf

Oldwolf New Member

For the sake of those that dont know you as Redzer it might be an idear to post a picture of yourself.That is if the Web site can stand it and dosent crash. LoL
  15. Redzer

Na it'll definitely crash!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.