which mask

Discussion in 'Masks' started by Ravin_sk, May 4, 2008.

1. THE CHAIRMAN

THE CHAIRMAN New Member

Nah, thats not just grillz, my Events training lens has em too, don't think anyone else does though..
  2. matt_d

matt_d New Member

People have 'training lenses'?? What has the world come to..
  3. THE CHAIRMAN

THE CHAIRMAN New Member

training lens: The crappy lens that the thermal lining broke so you don't use it for games no more cos it fogs a mad thing unless you put like Bostik all-purpose glue round it so you don't see that well, but its still good so you might as well use it to train :) !
  4. Whupass

Whupass Hi! Haaaavvvve you met Ted?

yeah my e-vents have impact marks and LOADS of scratches!!

i have i3 pros too and i stopped using them because i was waiting for a new lense but tried them on the other day and they are soo comfy!!! e-vents and grillz are easy to change the lenses in. jts and dyes are insanely hard
  5. Rob

Rob Unmodified

As ever any thread titled "Which <anything>..." turns out to be no real help...
  6. Anarky Paintball

Anarky Paintball New Member

for the sake of a few quid to replace your lens is it really worth risking your eyesight?
  7. THE CHAIRMAN

THE CHAIRMAN New Member

I got new lens anarky, I'm being a good boy..now the "training" lens is only used for when I go airsoft (which I never will again...)
  8. Whupass

yeah my lense scares me
  9. Robbie_O

Robbie_O Active Member

dont listen to dave he's a pansie, pro flex are class i got one but Events are the best i've evert had by far
  10. Whupass

well i'm getting dustys flexs hopefully so i'll have all of them bar grillz then
  11. Rob

Rob Unmodified

Jebus...as long as you have money for paint... :lol:
  12. Charon

Charon New Member

All the masks mentioned are worth the money. It basically comes down to personal preferance. I currently use both a Grill and a Profiler. I have never had a complaint with either mask. With the Grill becoming more and more popular you should be able to find a used Profiler for a good price. I tend toward the Profiler more then the Grill. Probably because that's what I am used to.

The one simultaneously good and bad thing about the Grill, in my mind, is that it sits away from your face. This is great for ventilation but it can allow a 14 year old woodsball newb with a rental, who is playing on your team, to shoot you in the back of the head twice, from 10 feet away. and have a ball squeeze under the mask and hit your cheek.

[​IMG]

The paint fill was yellow.... A true one in a million shot
  13. Rob

Rob Unmodified

Did you...ah.."discuss".. friendly fire with the kid afterwards?
  14. Mick_Dundee

Mick_Dundee New Member

Whatever you do, don't buy the jt chrome lens. First time i used one got gogged twice and left two bigass rings on it from where it hit the mask. Went to clean it off with a bit of tissue and left even more scratches on it, even managing to chip a bit of the chrome paint off it. Now all you can see is rings all over the lens from where paint has hit it. Some fool bought it off me, think matt don was his name. :lol:
  15. SliceNDice

SliceNDice New Member

Holy shit people... these "which mask/marker/ego vs dm/pm/pants/jockstrap/masturbation lube is best" threads are getting tedious.

It all comes down to personal preference. What you don't like may be what someone else likes. It's called consumer's choice.

If there really is an issue with a product, the reputable companies will usually pull that stuff off the market and fix it, or not carry that item the following year if it really is defective and people are complaining about it.

If you don't like the way something looks or feels or shoots...who gives a shit? Be comfortable in your own gear and let other people choose what they want to use.

If you're new to this game and you're wondering what to buy... try the shit out first, don't go on someone else's opinion, don't believe the hype, make your own choice.

And yes... paul... you're a mask whore.
  16. THE CHAIRMAN

THE CHAIRMAN New Member

Yeah I can understand being a marker whore, but a mask whore?...
  17. Whupass

my parents went paintballing in france and liked it but won't go again if they have to use site masks so that's my excuse.... now to get a grillz for my sister........ :D
  18. THE CHAIRMAN

THE CHAIRMAN New Member

SP Sleek or slick honey..it keeps up better with high cycle rates and prevents 'bolt stick' :p

Ever hear the story of the guy who asked what lube to use on his DM? And then added water to honey to get "slick honey" ? WTF would he have done if someone said monkey spunk...
  19. Whupass

i'd believe it, was he by any chance american? :D only kidding!!!
  20. THE CHAIRMAN

THE CHAIRMAN New Member

I think its a true story and yes he was american. i think theres pics somewhere on pbnation, I'll look for em..